Step 1: Get Red Alert 3 and/or Uprising
You can now buy a digital copy of all 12 Command & Conquer games from the EA Origin Store.
If you own a physical copy of Red Alert 3, or own it digitally, skip this step.
More information on which C&C games have been officially been released as freeware can be found here.
Note: Red Alert 3: Uprising is a singleplayer-only expansion pack.
Step 2: Install the Game
Physical: Install the Game from the Disc
Steam: Install the game via the Steam Client
Origin: Install the game via the Origin Client
Ultimate Collection Only: Install Medstar's Fixed Launchers for the Ultimate Collection. This is useful if you plan on using custom maps, mods or launch arguments.
Step 3: Apply Patches (Physical Only)
Download and install the latest patch for Red Alert 3
Note: You can skip this step if you own the game digitally on Steam or Origin.
Step 4: Play Singleplayer!
You are now able to play Red Alert 3 in singleplayer!
Step 5: Play Multiplayer!
C&C Online is a community-made and managed online server for Red Alert 3.
Here are the steps to get your game online!
- Sign up for a C&C Online Account here.
- Be sure to activate your account via email.
- Your C&C Online account is also a Revora forums account.
- Once your account has been activated, login and create Server Login information on the C&C Online page:
- Server Username
- Server Email
- Server Password
- Download and install the C&C Online Launcher from here.
- Once the launcher has been installed, run it then hook your chosen game.
- Click Hook on the top menu.
- In the drop down menu, click on the game(s) that you want to play online.
- Restart the launcher.
- Once the launcher has restarted, click the Red Alert 3 button to launch the game.
- In the game, navigate to the online multiplayer menu and login using the C&C Online details that you created earlier.
- Enjoy playing Red Alert 3 online!
This section is for known compatibility issues that affect Red Alert 3.
- Red Alert 3 can take a long time to load.
- RA3 polls "Comrade News" every time before launching the game. The related server has been shut down, so the game will wait until the request times out before loading.
- There is a simple fix below.
- Download the Quick Load fix here