How to play Tiberian Sun on Windows 10
Tiberian Sun is now playable on Windows 10 | Campaign and Multiplayer Online!
Step 1: Download Tiberian Sun & Firestorm
Click the link below to navigate to C&C Communications Centre, where you can download the community installer for Tiberian Sun. This download features both Singleplayer and Multiplayer.
Note: This game has been officially been released as freeware, more information on this can be found here.
Step 2: Run the Installer
The Tiberian Sun installer will guide you through on how to install the game. Including options on if you wish to install music.
Once the installer has finished, you will be prompted to open the configuration tool. In the configuration window, you can set your in-game resolution.
Step 3: Play Singleplayer
You can now play Tiberian Sun in singleplayer!
Step 4: Play Multiplayer
For Online multiplayer you will need to use the Tiberian Sun Launcher instead of the Tiberian Sun Game. The launcher has CnCNet built in.
- Click the Tiberian Sun launcher then go to Multiplayer -> Online. You will be able to choose a nickname and connect to the lobby.
- In the CnCNet Tiberian Sun Lobby you will be able to join existing games or host your own games.
Odd Graphical Glitches and Rendering Issues
- If you experience any graphical glitches, click on "Options" and experiment with the different "Renderer" options.
Tiberian Sun Mods
Here's a list of Tiberian Sun-themed mods on the base game and on other game-engines.
- Tiberium Resurrection - Seeks to expand and enhance the original game, while staying true to its style and lore. Campaign tells a story of a GDI commander after Tratos' assassination, employing all original cutscenes, pixel art and voice lines for a truly immersive experience.
- Twisted Insurrection - Features a complete redesign of the original game, set in an alternate “what-if?” timeline where the Brotherhood of Nod was victorious during the first Tiberian War.
- Tiberian Odyssey - Tiberian Odyssey takes place 11 years after the events of C&C Tiberian Sun: Firestorm and portrays our own unique vision of a greatly expanded Tiberian Universe.
- Shattered Paradise - This is the first Tiberian Sun mod for OpenRA. Its goal is to balance the game by adding new factions (Scrin, Mutants and Cabal) and reworking the original sides.
- Tiberian Sun: Reborn - Tiberian Sun Reborn is a standalone game recreating the universe of Tiberian Sun in the FPS game C&C Renegade. This mod is being developed by W3D Hub.
- Tiberian War: Warzone - Tiberian War is a mod that brings back and revamps Tiberian Sun with new graphics, mechanics, and systems.
- Dawn of the Tiberium Age - (DTA) is a stand-alone mod that combines Tiberian Dawn (C&C 95) and Red Alert using the Tiberian Sun engine.
- Renegade X: Firestorm - This is an upcoming expansion sequel to Renegade X. It will add new units and buildings from Tiberian Sun and maps with battles on scale no one has seen before!
- Tiberian Sun Rising - Tiberian Sun Rising is a total conversion modification for Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, retelling Tiberian Sun like never before.
- Tiberian Genesis - Tiberian Genesis is a modification planned for Armed Assault which will combine the RTS feeling of Tiberian Sun with the military simulation Armed Assault
- Fading Dusk - Fading Dusk follows the defeat of CABAL by a coalition of GDI and Nod forces as if the world has entered it's final act of it's grand Tiberium story