Step 1: Download & Install Renegade
You can now buy a digital copy of all 12 Command & Conquer games from the EA Origin Store. If you have a physical copy of Renegade already, skip this step.
More information on which C&C games have been officially been released as freeware can be found here.
Step 2: Install the latest Patch
The Tiberian Technologies patch is the most popular community update for Renegade. It contains many bug fixes and makes the game compatible with the latest versions of Windows.
Download and install the patch from the link below:
Step 3: Play Single Player
You are now able to play Renegade in single player!
Step 4: Play Multiplayer
W3D Hub is a community dedicated to keeping C&C Renegade compatible with modern operating systems and developing mods for the game.
The W3D Hub launcher is an all-in-one solution for finding Renegade multiplayer servers and mods. Download and install it using the link below:
Once the W3D Hub launcher has been installed, follow the instructions below.
- Run the W3D Hub Launcher
- Click the "Games" tab in the menu bar
- Click C&C Renegade in the left menu
- If the launcher hasn't found your Game automatically, click "Import" and browse to "Game.exe". This is found where Renegade is installed (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" or "C:\Westwood\Renegade")
- To configure settings of the Physical version of the game, click the Game Settings option in the launcher and configure the settings.
- To configure the Origin version of the game, find WWConfig.exe in the game install folder and configure the settings using the application.
Now you are ready to play multiplayer! To look for online games, go to the Server Browser and click the Join Server button next to the server that you want to join!
This section is for known compatibility issues that affect C&C Renegade.
- If Renegade is installed via Origin, you will be unable to apply your game settings using the W3D Hub Launcher. Use WWConfig.exe, found in the game install folder, instead.
- Renegade has visual issues when running with an un-capped framerate, to fix this, make sure that vsync is enabled in the game settings.