Command & Conquer Remastered News
Community member Danku is hosting a special Tiberian Dawn Map Making contest for the month of July (deadline submission date: 30th July). - Max 2 entries per person - 1st & 2nd place prizes - Special Judge Panel including: Achromic White, Lovehandles, Mclama, FeRReT666, Myself I ran through the details of the contest earlier and have the vod here for easy access:
Some news for fans and players of the C&C Remastered Collection. EA have released a patch for the game that addresses a long-standing community issues with the quick-match ladder. Also Twitch have re-enabled the Remastered collection as searchable game on their platform. Read more here.
With no official reset announced for the C&C Remastered Leaderboards, the community has created their own season 4 with two new sites.
EA Play members can now join the battle as the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection joins The Play List. The RTS that defined a genre 25 years ago is back – and now yours to enjoy with EA Play on PC!
The C&C Remastered bonus gallery includes the greenscreen shots of the briefings. Let's see if we can do something with them. We also take a look at Red Alert 2's cutscenes.
After 2+ Years and over 2,000 hours of work, the guys over at the Tech Monkey fought through and completed their final mission of building a killer custom PC themed around the one and only Brotherhood of Nod! Watch the video to see the specs and learn about their upcoming charity auction!
Looking back at it now, 2020 doesn’t feel like a banner year for strategy games, but that doesn’t mean there haven’t been a few gems. The list below – gathered by a panel of experts and regularly updated – contains games from as recently as 12 months ago alongside classics from as far back as 28 years ago. They’re all games we think you could play and love right now. (more…)
A couple of news bits regarding the Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection have popped up: The cnc.community site has prizes for players of the remasters from 24th to 27th September. Those who rank first in the Tiberian Dawn and/or Red Alert leaderboards for that day will receive a 1-year subscription to EA Play (formerly named Origin Access), and those who finish in the top 50 have a chance to receive a random prize as well. More information can be read here. The Remastered Collection itself is 25% off until 5th October on Steam to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Tiberian Dawn (which is on 26th September), while the other Steam C&C titles are 75% off (note that that is 75% off the increased price from this February). All the prices can be seen here. For those who have the remasters and are facing numerous issues, Jim Vessella has confirmed that a hotfix is being made to address at least some of them, but it would appear that the team has already past the deadline to do so, so not all of the issues seen since last week's update may be fixed.
C&C Turns 25! With the 25th anniversary of Command & Conquer happening this weekend, we’re excited to announce that the C&C Community website is hosting a C&C Anniversary Giveaway for everyone to take part in. Prizes will be given away EVERY day during the event. Anyone can win a prize regardless of their skill level! The event will start on the 24th September (6pm BST) and will end on the 27th September (6pm BST).
As we reported yesterday, and as was to be expected considering the problem reports from around the entire community, the C&C Remastered Collection received a hotfix patch to resolve some of the issues that have arisen since last week's major patch. Again, the team did not have much time to resolve all issues so they concentrated on the more critical ones.
We’re excited to announce that the C&C Community website is hosting a C&C Anniversary Giveaway for everyone to take part in. Prizes will be given away EVERY day during the event. Anyone can win a prize regardless of their skill level! The event will start on the 24th September (6pm BST) and will end on the 27th September (6pm BST).
Buy Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection with 25% off. SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 5th October.
As announced last week, today is the day we receive the final (intended) update for Command & Conquer: Remastered Collection. It's a pretty large one, though, including the following key features...
In Jim Vessella's latest update, he mentions the latest addition to the C&C Remastered Collection source code package - the map editor itself, which is something that the community has loved to expand on for multiple titles in the series. But alas, next week we will see the last intended patch for the C&C Remastered Collection, as the team feels the game has reached the vision that was meant for it during development. It will, however, include bugfixes, quality-of-life changes, and the introduction of the beacon system in multiplayer.g and evolving our Live Service & Content. We will always strive to keep our community as informed as possible.